SubjectRe: Oops: 2.5.64 check_obj_poison for 'size-64'
Miles Bader <> wrote:
> Andrew Morton <> writes:
> > All the arch/*/kernel/irq.c implementations are distressingly similar.
> > Andrey Panin did a bunch of work a while back to start consolidating the
> > common code but it didn't quite get finished off.
> Do you remember what was unfinished about it? I tried his patch, and it
> seemed to work fine; there were certainly still a few things left unmerged,
> but it was a _huge_ improvement over the current state.

Well I thought that many architectures were missing. But upon a re-read, I
see that he allowed architectures to be cut over to GENERIC_IRQ one at a
time. Seems fine.

Although at some point we really do need to stop cleaning stuff up, defer such
things into 2.7 and concentrate upon 2.5 bugs.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.103 / U:4.680 seconds]