    SubjectRe: Oops: 2.5.64 check_obj_poison for 'size-64'
    Miles Bader <miles@lsi.nec.co.jp> wrote:

    > Andrew Morton <akpm@digeo.com> writes:
    > > All the arch/*/kernel/irq.c implementations are distressingly similar.
    > > Andrey Panin did a bunch of work a while back to start consolidating the
    > > common code but it didn't quite get finished off.
    >
    > Do you remember what was unfinished about it? I tried his patch, and it
    > seemed to work fine; there were certainly still a few things left unmerged,
    > but it was a _huge_ improvement over the current state.

    Well I thought that many architectures were missing. But upon a re-read, I
    see that he allowed architectures to be cut over to GENERIC_IRQ one at a
    time. Seems fine.

    Although at some point we really do need to stop cleaning stuff up, defer such
    things into 2.7 and concentrate upon 2.5 bugs.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.020 / U:66.964 seconds]