    SubjectRe: BitBucket: GPL-ed *notrademarkhere* clone
    Pavel Machek wrote:

    >it*, then add my stuff. Ouch. svn is out
    >because of licensing, cvs is not powerfull

    Could you or somebody else explain this repeated claim that the
    Subversion licensing is problematic?

    I don't have anything to do with the project, but a quick perusal of the
    license doesn't reveal any problems. It's basically an Apache/BSD
    license (pasted below for your reading pleasure).

    -Tupshin

    ------------Subversion copyright---------------

    modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

    1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

    2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

    3. The end-user documentation included with the redistribution, if
    any, must include the following acknowledgment: "This product includes
    software developed by CollabNet (http://www.Collab.Net/)."
    Alternately, this acknowledgment may appear in the software itself, if
    and wherever such third-party acknowledgments normally appear.

    4. The hosted project names must not be used to endorse or promote
    products derived from this software without prior written
    permission. For written permission, please contact info@collab.net.

    5. Products derived from this software may not use the "Tigris" name
    nor may "Tigris" appear in their names without prior written
    permission of CollabNet.

    THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
    WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
    MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
    IN NO EVENT SHALL COLLABNET OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY
    DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
    DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE
    GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
    INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER
    IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR
    OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF
    ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

    This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many
    individuals on behalf of CollabNet.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.023 / U:90.128 seconds]