SubjectRe: [patch] "HT scheduler", sched-2.5.63-B3
> At first I strongly dissaproved of the kernel's timeslice adjustment by
> interactivity estimation; policy belongs in userland, I thought. But the

That seems to be one of the most dramatically overused misguided statements
bandied about in Linux at the moment, with respect to just about every
subsystem, and it's really starting to get annoying.

Yes, you should be able to frig with policy decisions from userspace, if
you really want to BUT the kernel should do something pretty sane by
default without user intervention. It's exactly the same mistake apps
keep making, and why half of them are unusable.

M.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.087 / U:0.468 seconds]