    SubjectRe: [patch] "HT scheduler", sched-2.5.63-B3
    On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Martin J. Bligh wrote:

    > Difficult to see how this would work. For instance, is bash interactive
    > or a batch job?

    Right, being able to control this interactivity knob programmatically
    seems like a useful thing. That way, the window manager can boost the
    interactivity of the foreground window for example. It does seem that
    figuring out that something is interactive in the scheduler is tough,
    there is just not enough information, whereas a higher layer may know
    this for a fact. I guess this reduces my argument to just keeping the
    interactivity setting separate from priority.

    --
    Dimi.