SubjectRe: PCI init issues
On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 02:12:50AM +0300, kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:
> So, maybe the workaround is in znyx driver for XP. :-)

Quite possible.

> BIOSes were fixed to understand the first level bridges,
> but I guess none of them construct correct tables
> for second level bridges.

OTOH, there are rumors that PCI resource management has been
vastly improved in XP. I believe Alan and Russell tried that
with rather long chain of of bridges using PCI expansion
chassis and windows had no problems with it.
Not sure about details though (i.e. what version of windows
and whether additional drivers were required or not).

Ivan.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.051 / U:0.140 seconds]