    SubjectRe: xmms (audio) skipping in 2.5 (not 2.4)
    Date
    On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 06:48 pm, Martin J. Bligh wrote:

    > >> Heh, cool. I have the same patch in my tree too, fixed it without
    > >> rebooting even ;-) Still a *tiny* bit of skipping, but infinitely better
    > >> than it was.
    > >
    > > Try decreasing prio_bonus_ratio to 15 as well
    >
    > Doesn't seem to make much difference, actually.
    > But "waggle scrollbar a bit" isn't very scientific .. ;-)
    > Does contest (or anything else) measure this kind of thing more precisely?

    Last time I tried to do a whole swag of tunables it was showing differences
    but I was plagued by memory leaks ruining the data. I'll try again in the
    near future. Also Bill Davidsen's trivial response benchmark may show
    something too.

    Con

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.022 / U:4.496 seconds]