    SubjectRe: BitBucket: GPL-ed KitBeeper clone
    > > I haven't seen a single post to the list saying, "If we were designing
    > > a version control system dedicated to the Linux kernel, what would you
    > > like to see in it?". Before I started work on my bug database, I
    > > spent a week or so discussing it on the list with people.
    > Larry spent a lot of time talking to people directly about such things.

    I meant in relation to Bit Bucket.

    If the need for Bit Keeper to make a profit for Bit Mover excludes
    Linux developers from using it, the most logical thing to do in my
    opinion is to start from scratch and write a version control system
    dedicated to furthering Linux kernel development.

    Compatibility with Bit Keeper should not be a goal of that project.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.022 / U:4.000 seconds]