SubjectRe: turning off kernel dhcp klient on _one_ nic?
On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:30:35 +0100 Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy@karlsbakk.net> wrote:

| hi
|
| is it possible to turn off the kernel dhcp client / kernel autoconfiguration
| on _one_ nic? We're using dual gigabit cards from intel (e1000), so splitting
| up modular/static drivers obviously won't do the job. I've search through the
| kernel doc, but I can't find anything...

I've seen that, er, scenario, too.
I should have fixed it last night, but I had other things to do.

Can['t] you just mess around with (depending on distro, not kernel)
something like /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethN (just rename
one of them so that it won't be used)?

This should totally disable half of the dual NIC. Do you want to only
disable dhcp on half of it, but keep it usable otherwise?
You can edit ./ifcfg-ethN and change the line
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
BOOTPROTO=

Something like that should work, but I haven't done it yet.
--
~Randy