    SubjectRe: WimMark I report for 2.5.65-mm2
    On Thu, Mar 20 2003, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Jens Axboe <> wrote:
    > >
    > > Besides, deadline is still the most solid choice.
    > Deadline will always be the best choice for OLTP workloads. Or CFQ - it
    > should perform the same.
    > All this workload does is seeks all over the disk doing teeny synchronous
    > I/O's. It is the worst-case for AS.
    > What we are trying to do at present is to make AS not _too_ bad for these
    > workloads so that people with mixed workloads or who are not familiar with
    > kernel arcanery don't accidentally end up with something which is
    > significantly slower than it should be.
    > It is an interesting test case.

    I understand that. A deadline run is still interesting if there are
    regressions from -mm2 to -mm3, for example. If deadline shows the same
    regression, it's likely not a newly introduced AS bug.

    Jens Axboe

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.042 / U:73.168 seconds]