    SubjectRe: kernel nfsd
    On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:07:33 +0300
    Oleg Drokin <> wrote:

    > Hello!
    > On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 04:42:04PM +0100, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
    > > > The comment in the code just above the printk() reads
    > > > /* Now that IS odd. I wonder what it means... */
    > > > Looks like you and Neil (and possibly the ReiserFS team) might want to
    > > > have a chat...
    > > I'm all for it. Who has a glue? I have in fact tons of these messages, it's
    > > a pretty large nfs server.
    > What is the typical usage pattern for files whose names are printed?
    > Are they created/deleted often by multiple clients/processes by any chance?

    This is a nfs-server who serves web-servers (apache). I find a lot of these
    messages, but they (upto now) only point to 3 different filenames. And these
    are in fact all directories. The box never crashed and has currently 20 days
    uptime. It is dual P-III and has 6 GB of RAM.
    The questionable directories were created long before they first showed this
    message and have never changed (regarding name-change). Their contents were
    possible changed but surely not often meaning no more than once a day or once a
    It may well occur that multiple nfs-client systems _read_ them, as well as
    multiple processes on one client.
    The nfs-clients are 2.4.19 boxes and one 2.2.21.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.021 / U:12.864 seconds]