SubjectRe: kernel.org: Extended downtime announcement
H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> In order to make the best use of available space, we will unfortunately
> have to reconfigure the RAID arrays on the main kernel.org server. This
> will result in extended downtime for all kernel.org services, starting
> at 16:00 PST/24:00 UTC this evening, March 17, 2003. For
> ftp/www/rsync/filehub.kernel.org, this downtime should be in the
> ballpark of 2-3 hours; with luck less; for mirrors.kernel.org, this
> downtime is expected to be 3-4 days. Services will be phased in as they
> become available, so if you get a "connection refused" from one service
> other services might still be operational.

OK, so I'm an idiot.

The correct downtime estimate is about 6-7 hours. This is a matter of
simple arithmetric, but somehow I never bothered to actually calculate
it out.

Just to be on the safe side I'm going to estimate kernel.org being back
up around 00:00 PST/08:00 UTC.

Duh.

-hpa

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.022 / U:3.788 seconds]