SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] BK->CVS (real time mirror)
On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Roman Zippel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
>
> > true but the missing bits are nearly worthless, I wouldn't be ok with
> > CVS if this wasn't the case. I mean, in the very worst case, we're not
> > totally screwed, we probably won't even notice the difference.
>
> The missing bits are absolutely not worthless. They are very useful when
> you want to test other SCM system to simulate distributed development.

This is completely ridiculous. Isn't this a bit too demanding? What will
be next?

Be realistic. The missing bits are worthless and add absolutely no value to
kernel development which is supposed to be the topic for this mailing list.

It's not the missing bits that will prevent you from making a better
alternative to BK or whatever either. If it really does you should consider
spending your time on another project. But since I truly believe you are
more clever than that I suspect you're just trying to stretch the issue out
of reasonable bounds because of your political beliefs.

Nicolas

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.073 / U:0.128 seconds]