    SubjectRe: Never ever send Pavel private mail unless you want him to publish it.
    which says nothing at all aobut the person at the receiving end publishing
    it., sealed or not that person has the ability to do so.

    now if the question is if it is polite to do so we have a completely
    different discussion

    David Lang

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Stuart MacDonald wrote:

    > Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 21:16:37 -0500
    > From: Stuart MacDonald <stuartm@connecttech.com>
    > To: vlad@geekizoid.com
    > Cc: "Lkml (E-mail)" <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
    > Subject: Re: Never ever send Pavel private mail unless you want him to
    > publish it.
    >
    > From: "Vlad@geekizoid.com" <vlad@geekizoid.com>
    > > Unlikely. Email is more akin to the 'informal letter' of the 19th and
    > 20th
    > > century. There is an expectation of privacy.
    >
    > Email is publically readable by any person in the transmission system,
    > exactly the same way postcards are. It is *not* like a letter in the
    > simple fact that a letter is sealed and therefore unreadable (legally)
    > by the transmission system.
    >
    > ..Stu
    >

    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:34    [W:0.027 / U:158.708 seconds]