    SubjectRe: BitBucket: GPL-ed KitBeeper clone
    Hi!

    > You can wave your wand, and the soft changeset will turn into a universal
    > diff or a BK changeset. But it's obviously a lot cleaner, extensible,
    > flexible and easier to process automatically than a text diff. It's an
    > internal format, so it can be improved from time to time with little or no
    > breakage.
    >
    > Did that make sense?

    Yes.

    Some kind of better-patch is badly needed.

    What kind of data would have to be in soft-changeset?
    * unique id of changeset
    * unique id of previous changeset
    (two previous if it is merge)
    ? or would it be better to have here
    whole path to first change?
    * commit comment
    * for each file:
    ** diff -u of change
    ** file's unique id
    ** in case of rename: new name (delete is rename to special dir)
    ** in case of chmod/chown: new permissions
    ** per-file comment

    ? How to handle directory moves?

    Does it seem sane? Any comments?

    --
    Pavel
    Written on sharp zaurus, because my Velo1 broke. If you have Velo you don't need...