SubjectRe: system hang on HDIO_DRIVE_RESET! help!

Rain,

The only way to deal with this is to treat the operations a failed and
punch them back out to block for clean up. Now we failed the a command.
However, I think I need to set a default block hook during the reset
process for the drive, channel, hba ... depending on the magnitude of the
wrecking ball generated. I need to offline Alan for this core dump.

The hang is in the clean ups after the reset.

I suspect the driver/hba is in DMA and drive is not.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
LAD Storage Consulting Group
------------------------------------
Pokemon (n), A Jamaican proctologist
------------------------------------

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, rain.wang wrote:

> Alan Cox wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > > thank you, Alan. I tested pre5-ac2 patch and that seems all ok.
> >
> > Thanks for the confirmation it is fixed
>
> Hi Alan,
> for 2.4.21-pre5-ac2 and -ac3 patch also.
> there's still problem on reset. when I do 'hdparm -w /dev/hda' once
> after another, all seems ok. but when I make a shell script and let
> 'hdparm -w' run in several times loop, system would always crashed
> at the second time and left oops messages:
> kernel BUG at ide.c:1700!
> so, if any bugs still locking there?
>
> rain.w
>

> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.052 / U:0.428 seconds]