    SubjectRe: Never ever use word BitKeeper if Larry does not like you
    On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:11:21 +0000, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
    > On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 15:14, Larry McVoy wrote:
    > > [My lawyer said]
    > [But my lawyer says]

    So much for self-regulation. I don't mind having the odd flamefest, since
    every now and then something good comes out of them that goes beyond the
    entertainment value.

    However, I am very concerned about the state of a community that has its
    members turn to their respective lawyers to ask for backup. Not only does
    it reflect badly on our ability to resolve disputes, it also implies that
    there is more than a loose relation between what is legal and what is
    Right(TM), which is BS.

    I contend that quoting lawyer advice in a flamewar on a community list
    should automatically invoke Godwin's law, and just to be on the safe side,
    I let it be known that you all sound like a bunch of Nazis. EOT.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.021 / U:4.836 seconds]