SubjectRe: devfs + PCI serial card = no extra serial ports
On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 11:49:54AM -0800, Ed Vance wrote:
> Anybody know of any other (worse) technical issues with PCI/setserial
> on the 2.4 kernels?

Please note that one of the things I've recently done is to put a lot
of effort into re-working the PCI serial code in 2.5, hopefully without
breaking too much other stuff. It works here with my, ah hem, limited
PCI serial devices.

One of the areas I've tried to improve is our "port guessing" algorithm.
Hopefully, this will allow more serial cards to just work like the one
which started this thread, but only time will tell if this is successful.

It hasn't hit Linus' tree yet, so please don't go looking there for it
yet.

I'm also not going to suggest backporting it to 2.4 either, but if some
one is feeling brave enough, they're welcome to try (this is what Open
Source is all about!) 8)

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk) The developer of ARM Linux