    SubjectRe: [2.4] init/do_mounts.c::rd_load_image() memleak
    On Fri, Mar 14 2003, Oleg Drokin wrote:

    > > > Almost every place I can think of does just this, so I do not see why this
    > > > particular piece of code should be different.
    > > Since when has that been a valid argument? :)
    >
    > Well, my argument is code uniformness which was always valid as long
    > as it does not introduce any bugs, I think.

    I agree with that.

    > Do you propose somebody should go and fix all
    > if ( something )
    > kfree(something);
    > pieces of code to read just
    > kfree(something); ?

    No that would just be another pointless exercise in causing more
    annoyance for someone who has to look through patches finding that one
    hunk that breaks stuff. The recent spelling changes come to mind.

    But just because you don't seem to have seen any kfree(NULL) in the
    kernel does not mean they are not there. And should a good trend not
    allow to grow?

    --
    Jens Axboe