SubjectRe: 2.4.20 instability on bigmem systems?
On Thursday 13 March 2003 20:13, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> Hmm, neither slabinfo nor meminfo show the machine being under any
> stress. Were they generated while the problem was happening?
> The useful information would be to collect meminfo and slabinfo while
> kswapd and updated are spinning. Also, cpuinfo doesn't ever change,
> (at least while being run on the same box) so you can leave that out.

Ahh. I was a bit out of it yesterday, and didn't think to actually stress
the machine. :\

I'll be able to give it a good beating this weekend sometime.

> BTW, oopses tracing back into the VM doesn't help. It's usually someone
> doing something wrong the VM checks for. In this case I'll bet someone
> (i.e. LVM) called vmalloc() with interrupts off.

Hmm... Okay, mind if I quote you when I post that oops the the lvm list? :)

Thanks again,

Gregory K. Ruiz-Ade <>
Sr. Systems Administrator
Cast & Crew Entertainment Services, Inc.