    SubjectRe: 2.4.20 instability on bigmem systems?
    Date
    On Thursday 13 March 2003 20:13, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
    > Hmm, neither slabinfo nor meminfo show the machine being under any
    > stress. Were they generated while the problem was happening?
    >
    > The useful information would be to collect meminfo and slabinfo while
    > kswapd and updated are spinning. Also, cpuinfo doesn't ever change,
    > (at least while being run on the same box) so you can leave that out.

    Ahh. I was a bit out of it yesterday, and didn't think to actually stress
    the machine. :\

    I'll be able to give it a good beating this weekend sometime.

    > BTW, oopses tracing back into the VM doesn't help. It's usually someone
    > doing something wrong the VM checks for. In this case I'll bet someone
    > (i.e. LVM) called vmalloc() with interrupts off.

    Hmm... Okay, mind if I quote you when I post that oops the the lvm list? :)

    Thanks again,
    Gregory

    --
    Gregory K. Ruiz-Ade <gregory@castandcrew.com>