SubjectRe: Never ever send Pavel private mail unless you want him to publish it.
On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:33:39 CST, "Vlad@geekizoid.com" <vlad@geekizoid.com>  said:
> It's called a trademark, or a service mark. He does have the right to
> defend the name, but YOU had no right to post private mail to a public list.

At least in the US, not only does he have the right to defend the name,
he has the *obligation*. If a trademark slips into "common usage", the owner
loses it. This has already happened to the floor covering 'linoleum', and
is why a certain manufacturer of copying devices gets rather antsy anytime
a TV or movie script contains a line like "Let me go xerox this", and then
shows any other manufacturer's copier.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.106 / U:14.188 seconds]