SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] BK->CVS (real time mirror)
Hi,

On 12 Mar 2003, Alan Cox wrote:

> > this was one of the conditions for the bk usage, so Larry cannot say, that
> > you only get all the data if you use bk. If cvs can't represent all the
> > information, we have to find another solution.
>
> CVS can't represent it all because CVS isnt up to the job. If the rest
> exists as comments then its your problem to write a VCS that can extract
> the comment data and represent it in full

This would require the full data, I looked at it and neither the CVS tree
nor the Web interface has everything.
- the changeset ids are missing, if bk does its renumbering thing
ids in comments become useless
- complete changesets are missing, RCS is quite capable of branches, so
there is no need of merging patches into a single patch.
- merge information is missing, e.g. what branch was merged into which
changeset.

I attached an example RCS file, how that could look like. I had to guess
the merging information and tags are missing.
It would be really useful to have this information as well.

bye, Roman

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.095 / U:0.388 seconds]