    SubjectRe: BitBucket: GPL-ed KitBeeper clone
    Hi!

    > Get it through your thick head that BK is something valuable to this
    > community, even if you don't use it you directly benefit from its use.
    > All you people trying to copy BK are just shooting yourself in the foot
    > unless you can come up with a solution that Linus will use in the short
    > term. And nobody but an idiot believes that is possible. So play nice.
    > Playing nice means you can use it, you can't copy it. You can also
    > go invent your own SCM system, go for it, it's a challenging problem,
    > just don't use BK's files, commands, or anything else in the process.

    Eh? It is perfectly okay to look at BK's
    commands, ask people how BK works
    and study its docs. (Heh, anyone still
    has sources of BK from the time it was
    available, preferably as hardcopy,
    so no license needs to be agreed to
    for looking at it?)

    > BK is made available for free for one reason and one reason only: to
    > help Linus not burn out. That's based on my personal belief that he is
    > critical to success of the Linux effort, he is a unique resource and has
    > to be protected. I've paid a very heavy price for that belief and I'm
    > telling you that you are right on the edge of making that price too high.

    So go ahead and disallow no-price use of
    bitkeeper. It will reduce flamewars on
    l-k quite a bit...
    Pavel
    --
    Pavel
    Written on sharp zaurus, because my Velo1 broke. If you have Velo you don't need...