    SubjectRe: OOPS in do_try_to_free_pages with VERY large software RAID array
    Martin J. Bligh wrote:
    > At a wild guess (OK, I only looked for about 1 minute),
    > md_status_read_proc is generating more than 4K of information, and overwriting
    > the end of it's 4K page. Throw some debug in there, and get it to printk
    > how much of the buffer it thinks it's using (just printk sz every time it
    > changes it). If it's > 4K, convert it to the seq_file interface.
    >
    > May not be it, but it seems likely given the unusual scale of what you're
    > doing, and it's easy to check.
    >
    > M.

    I posted a patch to do exactly this last week to the Linux-RAID mailing list. If
    you check the archives you should find it. This problem also occurs if you use
    the device-mapper under 2.5.X, because it makes all 256 md minors appear in the
    tables and /proc/mdstat wants to tell you about all of them.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.022 / U:0.984 seconds]