From: linux-kernel-owner@vger.kernel.org
[mailto:linux-kernel-owner@vger.kernel.org]On Behalf Of Nandakumar
NarayanaSwamy
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 3:20 PM
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: File systems in embedded devices

Dear All,

We are developing a embedded device based on linux. Through the
development phase we used NFS. But now we want to move some
filesystem
which can be created in FLASH/RAM.

I have few doubts about the file system in embedded devices.

1) What is the file system which is used normally in all embedded
devices? (JFFS/CRAMFS/RAM DISK)

2) We tried using RAM disk as the file system. But since our
application is huge it is not able to fit into 8 MB RAM disk
created. When we tried to increase the size of the RAM disk, the
kernel crashes above 9 MB. We have 32 MB in our target board.

3) I dont know whether we can use cramfs.

Can anybody suggest me some ideas so that i can solve these
issues?

Thanks and Regards,
Nanda

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.024 / U:0.052 seconds]