SubjectRe: possible partition corruption
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Andrew Morton wrote:

> I couldn't immediately see the reason for this. You have your whole input
> layer configured as a module, perhaps that has upset things.
>
> I suggest that you work on the config settings and find out what it is that
> is causing the tty layer to not come up.

OK, Hold the phone Susan, and stamp IDIOT on my forehead. The erason for
not getting any output on the console was that I had configured the kernel
without support for virtual terminals or console on virtual terminals.
Once I configured that correctly, things worked. Duh!

The thing I don't understand is why would not having that configured in
give me the lost journal and an inability to boot and mount the root
partition when I booted back into a "normal" kernel.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.039 / U:0.760 seconds]