    SubjectRe: Monta Vista software license terms
    Christoph Hellwig wrote:
    > On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 01:31:43PM -0500, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
    >>MontaVista contribute 98% of their modifications to GPL projects back into
    >>their respective public repositories. That's all a hacker like you should
    >>care about. For the rest of the people in the embedded world that don't
    >>want to gather a distribution by themselves tailored to their commercial
    >>product then that work comes with a price.
    > Anyone with a bit technical knowledge wouldn't use the shit provide by mvista
    > anyway. The point is to have the trees for comparism, not for actually using
    > them.

    Nice attitude. "Your shit sucks...but I want to see it all right now
    anyway." No one seems to be arguing that MV is doing anything illegal,
    only that they may not in all cases be bending over backwards to please
    a few non-customers.

    Why would anyone go out of their way to please someone who spouts
    such derogatory crap about them?

    Ben Greear <> <Ben_Greear AT>
    President of Candela Technologies Inc

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.020 / U:1.316 seconds]