SubjectRe: Monta Vista software license terms
On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 01:31:43PM -0500, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> > MontaVista contribute 98% of their modifications to GPL projects back into
> > their respective public repositories. That's all a hacker like you should
> > care about. For the rest of the people in the embedded world that don't
> > want to gather a distribution by themselves tailored to their commercial
> > product then that work comes with a price.
>
> Anyone with a bit technical knowledge wouldn't use the shit provide by mvista
> anyway. The point is to have the trees for comparism, not for actually using
> them.

And you really think that those without that technical knowledge who are
happy to pay for that "shit" today will continue to do so if they just could
run away with it for free?

Yet I'm amazed about your own insistence to compare your work with "shit".
I always thought you were a highly qualified kernel hacker.

Nicolas

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.063 / U:0.056 seconds]