    SubjectRe: Monta Vista software license terms
    On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

    > On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 12:57:49PM -0500, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
    > > I find it quite saddening that a lot of people only care about making up shit
    > > while the company in question is devoting a lot of money in salary to hire
    > > kernel developers full time whose work has always been merged to community
    > > trees so far.
    >
    > Blah. Why can't mvista put up the source to their products on some ftp
    > server like suse/redhat/caldera/mandrake/etc?? That's the whole point of
    > this discussion.

    Maybe because MV is trying to avoid the financial difficulties many of the
    companies quoted above have?

    > mvista doesn't do anything illegal, but they certainly don't play nice.

    MontaVista contribute 98% of their modifications to GPL projects back into
    their respective public repositories. That's all a hacker like you should
    care about. For the rest of the people in the embedded world that don't
    want to gather a distribution by themselves tailored to their commercial
    product then that work comes with a price.

    Nicolas

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.032 / U:35.152 seconds]