SubjectRe: timer interrupts on HP machines
Yup, it's definitely the HP hardware, since we also only see this problem
on the NetServers. I haven't worked with the LH series, though, just the
LT series. We've brought up issues like this with their support
organization, with the inevitable response "unable to reproduce problem"
and a closed ticket. We've given up since they ditched the NetServer line
in favor of the Proliants anyways.

Good Luck.

-Matt

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Nohez wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> We have the MP spec set to v1.4 for more than a year and the systems have
> been unplugged for more than 1 hr for system maintenance many times. The
> BIOS firmware is 4.06.43. We suspect the kernel triggering a hardware bug
> as we see this only on HP Netservers. We have other unbranded Intel
> SMP machines running the same kernel, distro & same services without this
> problem.
>
> Nohez.
>
> On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Matt C wrote:
>
> > Hi Nohez:
> >
> > That's interesting. We've traced almost all of the times when this happens
> > back to an incorrect MP spec. I know it sounds goofy, but have you tried
> > unplugging AC power from the machine for ~5 minutes or so? We've seen that
> > make a difference in the Netservers. Also make sure you're up-to-date with
> > the firmware (latest is 4.06.43 or so?). Outside of that, I don't have any
> > other suggestions besides calling HP and having them replace the system
> > board.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.035 / U:0.164 seconds]