SubjectRe: 3Comm 3CR990-TX-97 NIC
On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 23:40:05 -0500, Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com> wrote:

> There are two Linux drivers for it. One is 3com's, a bit shoddy but Ion
> B. did a nice job of cleaning it up. The other is David Dillow's; DD's
> driver looks really good, supports NAPI and all sorts of bells and whistles.
>
> I'm currently waiting to see if DD's driver gets the stamp of approval
> from a certain legal department. If that doesn't come through soon, the
> "backup plan" kicks into effect, and Ion's cleanup of 3com's driver gets
> merged.

In the mean time, you can get my cleaned up version from
<http://www.badula.org/3c990/>. The 2.5 patch might not apply anymore
to the latest and greatest; let me know if that's indeed the case so
I can generate a new one.

> Neither driver hooks into the 2.5.x CryptoAPI, AFAIK...

Correct as far as the 3Com driver is concerned: it doesn't implement any
crypto stuff, I have no docs for it, and no free driver (OpenBSD in
particular) implements any of that stuff either.

Ion

--
It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
than to open it and remove all doubt.