    SubjectRe: ioctl32 consolidation -- call for testing

    > > > Well, you just doubled the size of the table on sparc64.
    > > > I don't know if I like that.
    > >
    > > Not much of a way around it.
    > >
    > > Such problems are only in your mind. :-)
    > >
    > > What's wrong with defining the type and accessor macros
    > > in include/asm/compat.h?
    > One thing I am just now wondering is why struct ioctl_trans defines cmd
    > as an unsigned long instead of just unsigned int. That adds an uneeded
    > bit of space to the array.

    Do you think so?

    cmd probably could be u32 (since it is ioctl32 after all), but I doubt
    it matters, as two following entries are pointers so it looks to me
    like it is going to be lost by alignment, anyway.

    > As for your suggestion, sounds great, but I'll leave it to Pavel :)

    First things first, patch probably still breaks all other
    architectures than x86-64 and sparc64....
    Horseback riding is like software...
    ...vgf orggre jura vgf serr.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.020 / U:149.852 seconds]