    Subjectpointer to .subsection and .previous usage in kernel?
    Anyone have a pointer to what we are really trying to accomplish
    with .subsection and .previous in the in-line and asm stuff?

    Like maybe a readme or coding style doc for in-line and asm code?

    That was the main thing I tripped over while trying to build
    a 2.5 kernel using the cygwin toolchain with an eye towards
    uml under windows. I found very little documentation about
    the directives themselves even in the gnu info stuff and nada,
    except one thread about abstracting them in spinlocks,
    bout how/why they are used in the kernel. They appear to be
    elf specific which is why the i386pe stuff puked on them. I
    assume that most of this is to maximize cache hits, but that's
    just a guess. There are a largish handful of them scattered
    around the kernel outside of locks. Any pointers would be appreciated.

    Steve

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.025 / U:95.352 seconds]