    SubjectRe: Re: Writing new filesystem
    Thanks

    I tried that as well butnothing much seems to happing. I searched
    the fs/Makefile for "ext2" It comes in the All_SUB_DIRS variable
    setting. I already have added myfs entry for this varible. That is
    the reason why it went to fs/myfs in make dep. But that does not
    solve the purpose.

    I once again tell you what am I doing.

    I created a directory as fs/myromfs. I copioed into this folder
    everything that was present in fs/romfs. Then I changed the
    romfs_fs.h to myromfs_fs.h with all MACROS changed appropriatly. I
    included this file in namei.c. I even made changes to all ROMxxx
    to MYxxx in inode.c file.
    I changed the Makefile for myromfs as well.

    Now my problem is how do i compile it.

    I tried make from myromfs dir. but it gave error as TOPDIR not
    set. So in the Makefile of myromfs I added a entry as
    $TOPDIR=/usr/src/linux/
    That started the compilation but proper gcc params were not set so
    gcc failed. That made me confirmed that $TOPDIR must be
    comented.

    Now I tried to compile from fs dir but again same mesage
    appared.

    So I went one level up and tried to do make at /usr/src/linux
    This is I suppose making kernel. It did work but with out much
    results.

    I then went on to make dep here only.
    This time it did go to fs/myromfs and displayed the message
    'leaving the dir /usr/src/linux/fs/myromfs'

    Now what should I do.

    In otherwords, How do i create the new filesysytem using the given
    src and makefiles?

    Thanks a lot for your Time and Space.

    Diksha

    Atta Dipa Bhava

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.019 / U:0.692 seconds]