    SubjectRe: Minutes from Feb 21 LSE Call

    On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 02:24:18AM -0300, Rik van Riel wrote:
    > ... but making the anonymous pages use an object based
    > scheme probably will make things too expensive.
    > IIRC the object based reverse map patches by bcrl and
    > davem both failed on the complexities needed to deal
    > with anonymous pages.
    > My instinct is that a hybrid system will work well in
    > most cases and the worst case with mapped files won't
    > be too bad.

    The boxen I'm supposed to babysit need a high degree of resource
    consciousness wrt. lowmem allocations, so there is a clear voice
    on this issue. IMHO it's still an open question as to whether this
    is efficient for replacement concerns, which may yet favor objects.

    -- wli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.020 / U:60.564 seconds]