SubjectRe: Minutes from Feb 21 LSE Call
> Sure, it is more expensive to use them, but all we care about is
> complexity, and they solve the complexity problem just fine, so I
> definitely prefer it. Cpu utilization during heavy swapping isn't a big
> deal IMHO

I totally agree with you. However the concerns others raised were over
page aging and page stealing (eg from pagecache), which might not involve
disk, but would also be slower. It probably need some tuning and tweaking,
but I'm pretty sure it's fundamentally the right approach.

M.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.225 / U:0.048 seconds]