    SubjectRe: cpufreq: allow user to specify voltage

    > > So I guess adding /sys/bus/system/devices/cpu0/voltage? Should code to
    > > do that be in kernel/cpufreq.c or is it possible to do sysfs from
    > > powernow-k7 [it does not seem easy]?
    > Pavel
    > I agree, there shoul dbe a way to add sysfs files from a cpufreq driver
    > module. I told dave I was looking into overriding the powernow tables,
    > but I can't seem to get enough time away from my day job right now.
    > for the powernow driver, and the userspace governor, I'd like to export a
    > file "current_setting" or something that contains:
    > <frequency> <voltage> <fsb? maybe for other drivers>
    > A write to this file of one, two, or three values would result in changing
    > the frequency to the closest standard table match we have. Unless, the
    > user specifies an "override" flag as a module parameter. If the override
    > flag is set, then writing to that file will set the speed and voltage to
    > exactly what you specify (within the min/max hardware limits), and
    > basically ignore the standard BIOS table.

    Actually I think sysfs is trying to get it into one-file-per-value...

    ...which is going to be problem for writing because it will not be
    able to atomically update different values at once...

    Oh and forget module parameter :-).
    Horseback riding is like software...
    ...vgf orggre jura vgf serr.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.025 / U:12.652 seconds]