SubjectRe: Minutes from Feb 21 LSE Call
> The fact is, the "crap" doesn't matter that much. As proven by the fact
> that the "crap" processor family ends up being the one that eats pretty
> much everybody else for lunch on performance issues.

But is that because it's a better design? Or because it has more money
thrown at it? I suspect it's merely it's mass-market dominance generating
huge amounts of cash to improve it ... and it got there through history,
not technical prowess.

Of course, to be pragmatic about it, none of this matters. The chip with
the best price:performance and market presence wins, not the best technical
design.

M.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.110 / U:0.128 seconds]