    SubjectRe: AGP backport from 2.5 to 2.4.21-pre4
    The "other kernels" I am talking about are 2.4.19 and 2.4.20 with the
    old agpgart. As I said, the new agpgart module now loads but the results
    are the same. I yet have to try some other tricks like setting the AGP
    rate manually.

    I am also using the latest nvidia modules, which are 1.0-4191

    - Sheng Long Gradilla

    Toplica Tanasković wrote:
    > Dana nedelja 23. februar 2003. 17:02 napisali ste:
    >>I tested on an Asus A7V8X motherboard (KT400) with a GeForce4 Ti 4200
    >>AGP8X. The module loads correctly, at last! It sets the apperture size
    >>correctly and all, but when I start XFree, I get do not get any
    >>graphical screen, but text mode garbage. Characters of all colors, with
    >>no sense at all. I had exactly the same problem in other kernels.
    > What kernels? Are you using old agpgart or new one with other kernels?
    >>I played a bit with the NvAGP option on XF86Config file. According to
    >>the documentation, 0 is PCI mode, 1 is NvAGP or fallback to PCI if
    >>failed, 2 is AGPGART mode or fallback to PCI if failed, 3 is autodetect.
    >>If I set it to 2, 3 or comment it, I got the same problem with the
    >>garbage and had to reset the PC. Setting it to 0 would make it run in
    >>PCI mode, and it always works. I tried setting it to 1, thinking that
    >>maybe the documentation is wrong. X started successfully, but the card
    >>was in PCI mode. I read the logs to confirm it, and indeed, the NvAGP
    >>module fails to identify the AGP chipset and falls back to PCI.
    >>I tried setting NvAGP to 2 again, to read the logs and see if there is
    >>something I could find out, but unfortunately the log had nothing but
    >>garbage. I tried several times with no success. The log is always garbage.
    > Try fetching latest nVidia drivers.
    > I'll try to isolate problem, and send patch if neccessery.
    >>- Sheng Long Gradilla

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.021 / U:1.524 seconds]