SubjectRe: 2.5 weirdness
David Hinds wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 02:18:14PM -0800, Joshua Kwan wrote:
>
>>I was wondering if any people might know what is going on here. This
>>happens in 2.5.62, using CardBus pcmcia support within my kernel and
>>the latest pcmcia-cs snapshot.
>>
>>Just to clarify, I have only one wifi card - wlan0.
>

> It appears that someone broke the code for keeping track of sockets,
> since the PCMCIA drivers are telling cardmgr that the same card is
> inserted twice.
>
> -- Dave

The problem is a little stranger than that. On my system, cardmgr only
"believes" a card is inserted twice if a card is in the pccard slot when
cardmgr is intially run. Otherwise, cardmgr and the drivers appear to
function correctly. Josh, can you try this?

I posted a message about this earlier, but I didn't receive a response
so I still don't understand what's going on.

Subject: PCMCIA: cardmgr setting up two interfaces for one card?

If you need any more information, please let me know.

(o- j o h n e w e b e r
//\ weber@nyc.rr.com
v_/_ aim/yahoo/msn: worldwidwebers

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.066 / U:2.780 seconds]