    SubjectRe: Linux v2.5.62
    Alexander Hoogerhuis <alexh@ihatent.com> writes:

    > Zilvinas Valinskas <zilvinas@gemtek.lt> writes:
    >
    > > On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 05:53:43AM -0500, David Ford wrote:
    > > > 2.5.60+ is rather unstable for me on an Athlon CPU w/ gcc 3.2.2. If I'm
    > > > careful and do very little in X, it seems to stay up for a few days. If
    > > > I do any sort of fast graphics or sound, etc, it'll die very quickly.
    > > > 'tis an instant death with no OOPS, nothing at all on screen, nothing on
    > > > serial console.
    > > >
    > > > Just an FYI, I'm trying to narrow it down.
    > >
    > > it might triple fault ? Who knows. One thing I am sure of, if I don't
    > > load agpgart + intel-agp, laptop in questions, works flawlessly.
    > > Otherwise first time I log of KDE trying to login as different user I
    > > get instant reboot.
    > >

    > I'm seeing the same on my Evo800c, I think it's very much
    > ACPI-related, as logging out of gnome and back in worked before i got
    > a newer ACPI-patch on 2.4. Currently on 2.4.20 with ACPI patch from
    > early January.
    >
    > Planning on testing out the latest ACPI-patch dates February 18th
    > along with 2.4.21-pre4 now; and tinker a bit with the DSDT to make it
    > usefull; I'll let you know how it works out.

    Made a new kernel, 2.4.21-pre4 with ACPI form 0218 patched it, and
    recompiled. Running with the builtin its fine, and my own supplied DSDT the
    machine will instantly reboot when hitting the logout-button in Gnome
    2.2.

    How do I get a way of telling exactly what went pear shaped whe the
    machine just reboots like that?

    mvh,
    Alexander Hoogerhuis | alexh@ihatent.com
    CCNP - CCDP - MCNE - CCSE | +47 908 21 485
    "You have zero privacy anyway. Get over it." --Scott McNealy