SubjectRe: Linux kernel rant
Date
On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 05:02 am, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> OpenBSD contains drivers _obviously_ written under NDA, just like
> every other free BSD. Theo probably imported these drivers from
> FreeBSD, I would guess.

True, I have recently checked some out, although I'm not up to date on
everything there.

> I pay attention to net drivers in all the BSD OS's, so if you know
> net drivers and their vendors, these things are obvious ;-)

Hey yeah ;-) I pay attention to things like USB drivers. I couldn't
get a driver for my DSL modem that came with my broadband connection,
so I ditched my broadband connection and now use a crappy old 56K
connection. Hell, that's sticking by your principles, even if it's
painful. ;-)

Sometime in future, when I can afford that ADSL modem that doesn't
need a binary only driver or one written under an NDA...

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.051 / U:4.560 seconds]