    SubjectRe: Linux kernel rant
    Date
    On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 05:09 am, Rik van Riel wrote:

    > > > And as a consequence he doesn't have the same hardware support.
    > >
    > > I don't use a Sparc. I have a stock x86, all works well for me.
    >
    > You don't need any device drivers ? Curious...

    I didn't say that, only that the drivers I am using are not written
    under an NDA.

    > > > Of course, you're free to run openbsd on any machine that
    > > > supports it. I'm sure you'll be able to put one together
    > > > from various supported pieces of hardware.
    > >
    > > I already have, an old cheap IBM PC/300PL, works nicely.
    >
    > Not everybody wants to run old hardware though. Some people
    > actually have a need for performance and new hardware.

    I'm running new hardware as well, and it's possible to buy devices
    that don't need drivers that are written under an NDA or supplied
    binary only. I do the extra checking, but hey, that's me. I never
    said you had to.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:2.385 / U:0.168 seconds]