    SubjectLinux kernel rant
    Date
    Hello,

    I am just wondering if anyone thinks the same way. I am thinking
    about going to BSD for good because of these things.

    Linux is starting to include code written under non-disclosure
    agreements and other nasties, and for me this kills the magic of
    Linux. Doesn't stop anyone from reading the code, but it's the
    principle that counts.

    I don't know. I feel Linux has lost the plot. It's supposed to be
    getting bigger and better (well, at least bigger -- to borrow words
    from Andy Tanenbaum. He was referring to the onslaught of
    "improvements" to Minix being submitted, but now this applies to
    Linux as well.)

    True, there are lots of nice improvements and binary only drivers
    cannot use ksysms, so I've read somewhere. (True? Nice.) But NDAs?
    Come on, where do you get off on that?

    End rant.

    Thanks,
    James

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.020 / U:1.924 seconds]