    SubjectRe: Defect (Bug) Report
    > So, to obtain further information, I would need some kind of ability
    > to force an Oops . . . can this be done with SysReq hot keys? There
    > doesn't appear to be any indication that this is the case

    If the system hardware hangs and I can think of at least one reason it
    might do exactly that then all bets are off

    > For starters, I've gone in and activated Magic SysReq key (just in case),
    > spinlock debugging (best guess as to reason of hang), and verbose BUG
    > reporting (for luck!).
    >
    > Any other suggestions, or recommendations to get more info?

    Three starting points

    1. Run memtest86 on the box for a bit. I don't think its bad RAM however
    2. Plug in a PS/2 mouse if the box doesn't have one already. That avoids
    a hardware flaw on the AMD that we don't current work around in software
    3. Check if 2.4.20 behaves the same way. I think it may fix your short
    pauses but I don't think its going to fix the hang alas. It would be
    useful to know however

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.019 / U:186.220 seconds]