SubjectRe: Compactflash cards dying?
Hi Pavel !

I had this same problem with my very first CF (16 MB) connected to a home-made
IDE adapter. I quickly discovered that the power wire (+5V) had been cut and
that the power was driven through the logic signals, which were strong enough
to let the card work correctly... nearly correctly. Because it got uncorrectable
defects, detected as bad sectors at IDE level. So may be your adapter is too
weak. Or may be you also use it in a battery-powered device which has frequent
power outages ?

Cheers,
Willy