SubjectRe: system call documentation [license question]
On 2 Feb 2003, Stephen  Lord wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-02-01 at 10:45, Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > *xattr* man pages are in the XFS tree and Andreas Gruenbacher's site,
> > contents forwarded under separate copy.
> >
> > getxattr.2: getxattr, lgetxattr, fgetxattr2
> > listxattr.2: listxattr, llistxattr, flistxattr
> > removexattr.2: removexattr, lremovexattr, fremovexattr
> > setxattr.2: setxattr, lsetxattr, fsetxattr
> >
> > Good. Thanks!
> >
> > However,
> >
> > .\" (C) Andreas Gruenbacher, February 2001
> > .\" (C) Silicon Graphics Inc, September 2001
> >
> > there is no indication that redistribution (of possibly modified
> > copies) is permitted.
> >
> > Andries
>
> There should be no problem with redistribution, I can probably get
> someone to update them soon. I presume Andreas will also have no
> problems with this.

The man pages are intended to be GPL licensed, while libacl (and libattr)
was originally intended to be under LGPL. I have been quite lazy on
putting that right into the package. I assume that nobody has any
objections. Maybe someone wants to add that information to the CVS?

Regards,
Andreas.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.068 / U:0.052 seconds]