    SubjectRe: a really annoying feature of the config menu structure
    Alan Cox wrote:

    >On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 22:33, Stephen Wille Padnos wrote:
    >>> as i see it, this can only get worse. the current
    >>>erratic and disorganized structure of the config menus
    >>>is proof of that.
    >>> comments?
    >>I think the problem with the "Multimedia" menu is that it's misnamed.
    >>It should actually be the "tuners" menu - it's there for audio, digital
    >>video, and video tuners. The same could be said of the networking menu,
    >>and presumably others.
    >It covers lots of tunerless mpeg and mjpeg stuff. Eg the DVB stuff will
    >eventually include the Margi PCMCIA DVD player and we already have other
    >pure mpeg or pure webcam stuff in there

    It seems that the mjpeg stuff will be in the wrong place when it starts
    being used by non-DVB modules. I see the two (DVB and mjpeg) as
    distinct entities - like ethernet drivers and ipv4. (DVB drivers should
    let you change channels and whatnot, mjpeg drivers should allow you to
    decode data streams from any available source.)

    - Steve

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.021 / U:4.112 seconds]