SubjectRe: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Re: New logo code [CONFIG OPTIONS]
On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 03:32, John Bradford wrote:
> > So how about making the logo "float" above/obscure the text (ie,
> > overlay)? It's not difficult to implement since fbcon.c has "redraw"
> > versions of fbcon_bmove() and fbcon_clear(). All that needs to be done
> > is do a "scissors" test before an fb_imageblit().
>
> On the subject of the new logo code, would it be worth making it do
> something, (change colour, move, or animate), during a console bell?

Possibly, it depends on the console/input developers if they want to add
something like fb_flash_logo() besides doing a kd_mksound(). Also, if
you don't mind compiling in a bunch of logo images to your kernel.

On a more practical note, the "scissors test" (I should have named this
"exclusive clipping test") can perhaps be enabled arbitrarily by
userland clients. You'll be left with a rectangular screen space that
will not be touched by the console. Then a distributor can do whatever
it wants with that screen estate, say an animating splash or a pop-up
window, which in theory can be triggered any time.

Tony

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.040 / U:0.596 seconds]