SubjectRe: 2.5.60-mm2
On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, I wrote:

> > I've got NFS problems with 2.5.5x - 60-bk3, too, but here I can workaround
> > them by simply pinging the NFS-server every second... Funny, but it works!
> > Perhaps this can help finding the real bug?!

[ let's try this again, not typing in a moving car ]

> I was looking for network issues when I started timing pings, and didn't
> see any. I thought it was bad timing, like not raining when you have a
> coat, but maybe I was curing it.

Since it's possible that pings will actually change the problem rather
than measure it, I'll tcpdump for a while and see if that tells me
anything. I suspected network problems, since tcp has priority over udp in
some places.

I looked at the code last night, but I don't see anything explaining a
ping making things better. Something getting flushed?

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.076 / U:0.028 seconds]