SubjectRe: openbkweb-0.0
Date
> > > Why can't we have a mailing list that sends out a diff for each
> > > update?
> >
> > You can, just get Linus to add a trigger to his tree to do so.
>
> He did, the list exists 8)

I thought so:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=104534718212591&w=2

I just wanted to confirm that bk-commit-head is actually:

1. Complete
2. Realtime

If so, anybody can track Linus' tree, in real time, without using
BitKeeper.

Therefore, mailing lists for every single Linux-related BK repository
would allow anybody to track all of the trees in real time, without
using BK.

Unless bandwidth is a problem, (possible for dial-up users), I don't
see why we can't do that. How many people subscribed to this list are
still on dial-up?

Larry needn't even pay for the outbound bandwidth for the mailing
list, except to forward it to somebody who is willing to send it out.

John.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.232 / U:1.024 seconds]